Monday 22 October 2007

She Love me, She Loves me Not, She LOVES me!

When I first saw this quilt in the May /June issue of the Fons & Porter magazine, I knew I had to make it for my husband! It took me a few years, but I finally got it finished for his birthday in September this year. When I started making the blocks and assembling the center of the top, I realized that this quilt was a lot bigger than I thought it was. So, I did not add all the borders that were in the original quilt as I wanted it to hang in his office above his computer. The letters are embroidered with an outline stitch on solid black cotton.I also assembled the blocks from bottom to top so that Jake can see the complete daisy at eye level when he sits at his desk. As the eye travels from block to block, a petal drops off each flower. With each block the suspense increases...loves me? loves me not? At the last flower pot, it ends "Loves me"! Phew :-). Here it hangs above his desk to brighten up his white office walls.

Hearts are hand quilted in each pot. It took me awhile to find the right colour to resemble clay pots.

Quilt top:

I found a few daisy buttons in my stash and added them at random to the o's of love on the border. The centers of the flowers are yo yo's with a button added.


This was a really fun quilt to work on. Now I need to make curtains for this room as well! That could be a challenge :-).

4 comments:

Lynnette Feijer said...

So you got a picture up! It's a really nice!! I love how it end on "He Loves Me"!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

Lucy said...

I really love this quilt !!what a great idea to let the flower grow like this :-)

Rosa Robichaud said...

Oh Jacqui!!!! This is sooooo adorable - along with all the special "touches" that you gave it!

Thanks for sending me the link!

*grin*

Rosa