Monday 1 September 2008

Yard sale find and display shelf

We stopped at a yard sale Saturday morning and spotted this gem LOL! Of course that came home with us and is displayed with our sewing machine collection.

I thought I'd post a few pictures of my knick knack shelf in my front hall that displays all our miniature sewing machines and irons. It's amazing how many of these miniatures there are. These have been collected over a period of about 12 years. The top shelf has the tiniest items:

Second shelf (the silver coloured sewing machine with the clock really works and is made by Timex):


Third shelf contains the plastic mini's and the two tea collectibles. The little blue plastic one is a Barbie machine and has a little windup handle which actually 'runs' the machine :-):

Fourth shelf..now what's wrong with the Singers in this picture????


Bottom shelf:

If I get too many more of these, I'm going to have to start another shelf unit :-).