Thursday 3 December 2009

Monkey Quilt

This was a really fun quilt to work on. I collected FQ's of the sock monkey fabrics for awhile (found my first FQ's of it a few years ago while vacationing in Michigan). I only added one extra yellow with tiny polka dots, but the rest are all from the sock monkey line. I used the Crazy 8's pattern from Bits 'n Pieces. This is a quick quilt to make as there are no borders. I just meandered it all over with yellow quilting thread. Here is a closer up picture of the quilting (click on the picture to enlarge it):

The label:

The whole quilt all finished! It went to a new Mom in my Church for her little boy, Andrew Nathaniel.



3 comments:

Lynda said...

What a lovely gift you've made! I don't know if you remember, but I purchased a Featherweight from you and your husband several years ago when you were in St. Thomas before. I saw your black 301 and have looked for a longbed version for all that time. Finally got one first of the month and it's wonderful! Kind of lost track of you. Enjoy your blog:)

Lynda

wendyytb said...

Very nice! I am sure the new mom and baby will love it!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice Monkey Quilt! I love this fabric and I am sure the "little monkey" will love it too!