Saturday 26 December 2009

Joann's table runner

My friend, Deb, was attending the Creativ Festival in Toronto, which was held in October this year with another friend. They planned to take the train and spend the day together. Joann could not make it at the last minute and insisted that I have her ticket as a gift! Deb and I got together a week or so later and raided my Christmas stash and made this table runner for her. We took her out for lunch and presented her with the runner as a thank you for this wonderful gift. I had never been to the Festival before and it was a real treat to go by train and not have to worry about traffic and parking. We left at 7:00 a.m. and arrived back home at 10:30, tired, but very satisfied with our lovely outing. Here is the finished runner. The runner was made from a pattern in a Fons & Porter magazine. I made one previously for a friend of mine.

This picture shows the quilting on the table runner. I just stippled around the antique postcards in the center panel, outlined the poinsettias in the end borders and quilted x's in the piano key borders. All the fabrics for this table runner were in my stash :-).


I had enough of the center antique postcard panel and the piano key borders to make a second runner. See the following blog post for the second table topper:



No comments: