Thursday 20 June 2019

Nautical free motion quilting sampler

Yesterday I found a long lost project that has not been blogged yet!  Wow, It's been finished since August 2016!  I realized it never got blogged because I hard a hard time getting good photos of it.  So, I took it outside and got a few half decent shots.  I'm not a photographer for sure 😄. 

This was a very fun quilt along project that Lori Kennedy hosted on her blog in 2016.  I did another quilt along with her in 2014.  They always look so scary, but once you put that needle into the fabric and step on the pedal, it really does work!  She gave great instructions to divide the piece up with chalk lines and then we did several rows each week.  First we practiced doodling on paper and that really does get your brain in gear!  There are a lot of little wiggles and wrong directions, but when you get the whole thing finished you can never find them back.  Since it had a nautical theme, I found a beach print I had in my stash that I picked up on our trip to PEI.   I just hung it up in my sewing room to celebrate the summer season. (Click on the photos for a larger view.)

rows of nautical themed free motion practice

the back on my new folding wooden chair that needs to be painted yet

The light kept reflecting off that bright blue

a bit closer

I found a lovely striped multi coloured fabric for the binding.
Thanks Lori for the inspiration to keep pushing ourselves to try new things.  I have a whole stack of table runners to quilt.  That will give me good practice again!

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I remember when Lori did that. I never even started. Nice job.