Tuesday 26 May 2020

Christopher's Canadian baby quilt

Last year our Church sponsored a refugee family and they just had a baby boy recently.  We were including her in the shower, which unfortunately had to be canceled, even though it's her second baby 👶.  It's a first Canadian baby.   

I found this Canadian panel in my stash with some fabric in the same line and thought this would be perfect for the Canadian born baby.  We delivered the quilt to them last weekend as well and had a lovely little visit with Roza and their 4 year old daughter Christina, half in English and half in her language.   

(Click on the photos for a larger view.)


The panels were a lot of fun.  I cut them apart and added the grey with white maple leafs and then added the companion print to the top and bottom.

close up of a couple of the blocks

I quilted it with wavy lines. The binding is also from this line of fabric.

I happened to have a stuffed bambi in my gift stash and wrapped it up for Christina.  She was thrilled with her little yellow gift bag!

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great Canadian quilt for the new baby.