Monday 11 January 2021

Hotpad finishes

 A few weeks ago, I finished off some hot pads that have been lurking in my 'to quilt' basket for many years!  They are leftover blocks from other projects and make great hostess gifts (for when we are allowed to go out again ☺).  The larger mat was an attempt to use up some stitch and flip squares that were left over from a workshop I took in 2014 with Jacqui Gering.  I have finished a top using these units which I have to blog yet (it's being hand quilted).  I made this into a candle mat or table centerpiece, but I have lots of the units left and may make more of them into round potholders eventually.  These little projects were great practice for free motion and straight line quilting.

 

This table runner was also finally finished.  It was a class sample for a technique of sewing hexagon shapes with strips and I have made a number of samples and had lots of leftovers for hot pads.  I used a magnifico gold thread to free motion quilt this one for some sparkle.