Saturday 2 January 2021

Two Jelly roll race quilt finishes

Finished quilt top

A few years ago, I used up a lot of batik strips to try a larger jelly roll race quilt.  It made a large top so I cut it in half and had two nice lap size tops.  I quilted it a few weeks ago and gifted it to a friend who lost her husband in September.  

 

I used up a lot of batik strips from my 2 1/2" drawer

I quilted it with a variegated King Tut thread and a funky flower pattern
My friend, Chris across the street, who has a long arm quilt business, was all caught up on her Christmas quilts so managed to squeeze this jelly roll race quilt top in before Christmas!  I sewed this one last Christmas using a stack of turqouise, red and green fat quarters I picked up at Cherished Pieces a few years ago.  I love the modern look of this one.  This will be my own Christmas lap quilt.

I've had this fun fabric for a few years waiting for a special quilt to make with these cute foxes. 


Beautiful snowflake quilting by Chris Bogart




1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have been very productive in your sewing room lately! I’m quite sure that you won’t run out of fabric or projects for a while yet! Lol