Monday 11 January 2021

Round robin UFO finished

 Way back in 2014, I participated in a round robin with a few friends from the London Friendship Quilt Guild.  You can read about the reveal here.  This top was delayed in the finishing of it and then was put on the back burner for a bit and then I had a hard time thinking of how to quilt it.  Eventually I decided the easiest way to quilt it would be by hand.  I found some Kaffe backing in my stash and had fun quilting it by hand, adding more and more to the stitching.  It was finally finished in April of 2020, but I realized I'd forgotten to blog about this quilt as well. I really enjoyed this round robin and would do it again, but hopefully get it finished a little sooner. 

The finished quilt

After quilting in the ditch around all the piecing and applique, I quilted straight lines through the background fabric.

Closeup of the quilting and embroidery

Christine made this cute little label especially for my quilt!

The backing
The quote embroidered around the outside border of the quilt is from Eleanor Roosevelt:  "Women are like tea bags - they don't know how strong they are until they get into hot water".

 

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks wonderful! That was fun! We should do another one!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt. I participated in a Round Robin years ago, and I loved it. I was still a new quilter, so I learned lots at that time. I like the teabag theme on your quilt. I couldn't read everything on the border.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Thanks for your comments! Cheryl, I corrected the link in the post so it goes directly to the original post about the round robin and also added the quote on the bottom of the post :-)

Sarah said...

Lovely finish! The quote from Elenor Roosevelt is brilliant.